DEI Consulting Engineers provides an unrivalled engineering approach to each project that combines functionality, innovation, and cost-effectiveness.
Our mechanical engineering experience and services include heating, ventilation, and air conditioning utilizing a variety of engineering solutions, plumbing and drainage, energy modeling, fire protection, and building automatic
Our team’s area of expertise is the preparation of construction documents for new buildings and renovation projects. We start with providing technical insight through the concept design stage, into design development, and translating that into a set of well-detailed drawings and specifications to illustrate mechanical services to be constructed within the building.
Experienced in aquatic, institutional, commercial, assembly, residential, educational, recreational, and long term facilities. Mechanical systems design include:
plumbing • drainage • fire protection • industrial process • hydronic heating • hydronic chilled water • air conditioning • ventilation • forced air heating • heat recovery • heat pump • building automation controls • aquatic filtration systems • food and beverage water treatment
Drafting and Building Information Modeling (BIM)
DEI offers services using both traditional two dimensional CAD software as well as 3D modelling. DEI Consulting Engineers works extensively to remain informed of technological advancements in our industry as a measure to bring additional value to our clients as well as remain competitive in the market.
In response to the shift within the sector from two-dimensional drafting to three dimensional modeling, our office developed the ability to work within a Building Information Model environment.
Our office utilizes Revit on all BIM projects and has completed numerous projects to a Level of Development 300 / 350. Our firm and team is continually expanding our extensive library of families to enhance our capabilities in the BIM environment as well as the quality, and accuracy of our model .
Our staff have extensive experience gained though in-house training seminars, attendance at international seminars and mentorship from outside consultants. We believe that BIM ensures efficiency throughout the project team and also helps keep each project on schedule and on budget through interference modeling and weekly BIM coordination.
Engineering Consulting Reports
- Condition Assessment and proposed solution to a specific issue. This can be the first step of Building Owners involving engineering to assess the concern, and may translate later into a project requiring construction documents.
- Design development report, usually a part of a building design project. The report briefly describes the proposed mechanical systems, and allows the input of stakeholders early in the process.
- Energy analysis report to study and assess an existing building energy bills. From the analysis, the report can provide proposed energy renovation upgrades and compare anticipated energy consumption impact of such renovations.
- Energy analysis for a portfolio of buildings, comparing energy bills for a school board, developer or other entities operating a large number of similar use facilities. This analysis is customized based on the entity’s business to provide insight relevant to their use or revenue stream using custom comparison parameters. Energy bills for the portfolio of buildings are compared providing valuable insight on each building’s consumption relevant to other buildings.
- Third party reviews and legal verifications, providing services for lawyers, governmental bodies, or other engineering firms to assist with conflict resolution.
Careers at DEI
Our firm is always looking for highly skilled and motivated individuals who are interested in making the building service industry their career.