Electrical Consulting Engineering Services
DEI Consulting Engineers is a professional consulting engineering firm that provides mechanical, electrical, refrigeration, and aquatic engineering services to the building services industry.
Our extensive experience providing consulting engineering services as both a sub-consultant to an architect as well as the prime consultant.
DEI Consulting Engineers provides an unrivaled engineering approach to each project that combines functionality, innovation, and cost-effectiveness for each project that our office completes.
DEI Consulting Engineers provides a comprehensive electrical engineering package that is specifically designed to provide an appropriate engineering solution after detailed consultation with every individual owner and assessment of the facilities requirements.
Our engineering services range from coordination of electrical site servicing with power utilities, interior lighting design and photometric anaylsis, exterior lighting designs (including site photometric plans for Site Plan Approval), lighting controls, power distribution, fire alarm systems, emergency life safety systems, electric vehicle charging, and metering (multi-point digital third party or SB-10) requirements.
Our electrical systems are designed with careful consideration and consultation with every individual owner for their requirements. This ensures each system and associated design brings a value engineered and functional solution that reflects the owner, building requirements, and use.
Our lighting designs include working with all applicable project team members, including interior designers, architects, and owners, to consult on the latest lighting control technologies and design approaches to meet current energy standards (including LEED requirements if applicable). These systems consist of advanced digital lighting controls with owner defined sequences, functions, and interfaces with key building systems such as BAS and security.
In addition to the typical electrical engineering services that our firm provides, our office is well versed in working with and coordinating with specialized consultants on IT requirements, security systems, audio / visual systems, public address systems, nurse call systems, etc.
Our team’s prime expertise is the preparation of construction documents for new buildings and renovation projects. Starting with providing technical insight through the concept design stage, into design development, and translating that into a set of well-detailed drawings and specifications to illustrate electrical services to be constructed within the building.
Drafting and Building Information Modeling (BIM)
DEI offers services using both traditional two dimensional CAD software, as well as 3D modelling. DEI Consulting Engineers works extensively to remain informed of technological advancements in our industry as a measure to bring additional value to our clients as well as remain competitive in the market.
In response to the shift within the sector from two-dimensional drafting to three dimensional modeling, our office developed the ability to work within a Building Information Model environment.
Our office utilizes Revit on all BIM projects and has completed numerous projects to a Level of Development 300 / 350. Our firm and team is continually expanding our extensive library of families to enhance our capabilities in the BIM environment as well as the quality, and accuracy of our model .
Our staff have extensive experience gained though in-house training seminars, attendance at international seminars and mentorship from outside consultants. We believe that BIM ensures efficiency throughout the project team and also helps keep each project on schedule and on budget through interference modeling and weekly BIM coordination.
Engineering Consulting Reports
- Condition Assessment and proposed solution to a specific issue. This can be the first step of Building Owners involving engineering to assess the concern, and may translate later into a project requiring construction documents.
- Design Development report, usually a part of a building design project. The report briefly describes the proposed electrical systems, and allows the input of stakeholders early in the process.
- Energy analysis report to study and assess an existing building energy bills. From the analysis, the report can provide proposed energy renovation upgrades, and compare anticipated energy consumption impact of such renovations.
- Energy analysis for a Portfolio of Buildings, comparing energy bills for a school board, developer or other entities operating a large number of similar use facilities. This analysis is customized based on the entity’s business, to provide insight relevant to their use or revenue stream using custom comparison parameters. Energy bills for the portfolio of buildings are then compared providing valuable insight on each building’s consumption relevant to other buildings.
- Third party reviews and legal verifications; providing services for lawyers, governmental bodies or other engineering firms to assist with conflict resolution.
Careers at DEI
Our firm is always looking for highly skilled and motivated individuals who are interested in making the building service industry their career.